Dismal Swamp


 I left Elizabeth City early and had the bridge opened at 630am. It was still windy but soon the protective waters would be flat and smooth. I had two hours to travel 18 miles to make the 8:30 lock opening. This wasn't going to happen. I slowed down and arrived around 10. I had a hour to wait. Two other boats timed it correctly and we all locked through together at 11. We all were stopping at the Visitor's Center free docks. Two sailboats were already tied up. There was room for one boat so the 59ft "Go GO" tied up. "NAUTONTIME" rafted to GOGO and I rafted to my  new Canadian friends who I enjoyed Sunday dinner in Elizabeth with.
The Three Amigo's



 We had a great time that night at "docktails" aboard GOGO. We shared drinks, food and stories about our trip and our lives. Such great people you meet on the water. The Chesapeake Bay is still angry and I stayed another night. GOGO left in the morning along with the two sailboats so we got their place on the dock. Don and Janet docked behind me and there was room for one more boat that arrived in the afternoon , ACTII, while I was hiking in the State Park.  Don and Janet left early for the 11am lock, I waited until 10am to leave to catch the 1:30pm lock. ACTII followed me and locked together. BAR-B-Q went through 79 locks altogether on this trip. WOW

Looking  Back 



My Final Lock



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOLD

On My Way Again

Always Changes