Chesapeake City

BAR-B-Q  and The Chesapeake Inn

 After a short distance into the Chester River, I met (on the radio) a boat named KDLOU. They are from Guntersville AL, a town we passed on our side trip to Chattanooga. 
KDLOU



We traveled up the bay for several hours until they turned into the Sassafras River to anchor. I continued up the bay to the C&D Canal. Entering the Canal, I was quickly reminded of the commercial traffic that uses this waterway. A tow was pulling a barge full of shipping containers.

Later that evening, while safely docked, a huge car carrier passed by.

I was allowed to stay two nights at the free docks. Maybe I don't want this trip to end. Only 14 miles to go to complete The Great Loop.  I "cross our wake" when entering the Delaware River. All loopers will head south towards Cape May,  I will turn north towards Philadelphia and return to our marina at Riverside.
Sunrise   Last Looping Day

 

Comments

  1. Hi John (& Nancy). Checking in from Kane, well now ID-Logistics. I still catch up on your adventures when I can. Glad to see you enjoying your well earned retirement. I think I saw you said you get 3.5 mph to a gallon with your boat. Marina fuel has to be wildly expensive at this point. Hopefully this shit ends soon so we can all get back to our lives. Never thought i would see diesel hit $6.43 a gallon. Crazy times for sure. Stay safe my friend. Can't wait for you to come back to work part time in the winter months.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOLD

On My Way Again

Always Changes