Leaving Solomons


 I learned that the Susquehanna River was one of three factors in forming the Chesapeake, with a meteor or comet and the Ice Age the other two. The Susquehanna starts in Cooperstown NY.  Yes that Cooperstown,  baseball's Hall of Fame. It flow pass my home in the 'junction' (where the Lackawanna and Susquehanna meet). At 444 miles, it's the longest river on the East Coast and provides half of the fresh water to the bay, thus this giant estuary, the clash of fresh water and salt water. 

COVE POINT LIGHT

 

It was a busy day on the water. Leaving Solomons, their were five boats following me out of the harbor, all heading north. Most eventually passed me, "No Hurries, No Worries ", my state of mind. Not only were their fellow loopers;  assorted sailing vessels, a cruise liner and a cargo vessel were sighted. Busy day on the water. My destination was the Rod n Reel Resort. Not a marina but a resort with docks. Dockage includes resort amenities,  pool, sauna, hot tub and free laundry. They also have bingo and slots. I made a small donation but I now have clean clothes. There wasn't many spots available because a barge was blocking the entrance to most of the slips. 
The empty slips

They were repairing the breakwall.  Someday this will be a first class facility but not this day.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOLD

On My Way Again

Always Changes