Manteo, NC


Bodie Light
I left Ocracoke and headed north to Manteo. So as not to temp fate, I traveled up the Pamlico Sound. About halfway through, I started to have engine problems. The engine started to sputter and then stopped. The Sound was a bit angry and the boat was rocking and rolling. I checked the primary fuel filter and saw that very little fuel was in the canister. I later found out a ball could be stuck and this was the case. I rerouted the fuel line directly to the secondary filter and the engine fired. This is not ideal but this solution got me to Manteo, some 30 miles away. Safely secured to the docks, I removed the primary, took it apart, and found the  bottom portion full of muck. After speaking with the pros at Outstanding Marine, my goto engine people, I ordered a complete new fuel filter canister. Now I'm dependent on shipping so Manteo was my stay for a few days. Everything to reprovision was in walking distance and the town had history so not a bad place to break down.
WEATHER  FLAGS

WEATHER TOWER
This is one of the few weather towers still used in the US. The flag says chance of rain.

There was a dedication to the staff of the Pea Island Lifesaving Station, the only all black station in the US. It only took 100 years for this  crew to be recognized for their heroic rescue with the Gold Lifesaving Medal. 
Keeper Richard Etheridge


BAR-B-Q  with a 16th century replica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOLD

On My Way Again

Always Changes