Ocean run to Ocracoke

Cape Lookout Guard 



 I decided to an off shore run up Core Banks to Ocracoke Inlet. First I had to go east about seven miles out into the sea before I could head North. The Lighthouse is a warning for treacherous waters. I could see waves breaking offshore when the waters hit the shoals, something to defiantly to avoid. Safely pass the shoals I turned North, set the autopilot, and watched TV. There were no other vessels anywhere in sight.
The black line is the 3 nautical line
Tried some fishing no catching 




The quiet run up the coast quickly turn to a white knuckle experience.  The Ocracoke Inlet is shoaled, the ATONS (aids to navigation) are out of place. Without local knowledge,  the inlet is treacherous. Poseidon, Neptune or just  luck was looking out for me this day.  I met a charter fishing vessel who guided me into Silver Lake, Ocracoke's harbor. Without his assistance I could have been that guy grounded. Lesson learned. I anchored two nights in this beautiful place. 



-



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOLD

On My Way Again

Always Changes