Solomons


 I stopped at Solomons Island. I wanted to check out the Calvert Maritime Museum and was not disappointed. I called a marina for space and they said they had none but when I went by, there was plenty of room.

There are many marinas in the area but I found  quiet anchorage away from the boat traffic. A short dingy ride got me to the museum. They have three themes;  fossils, estuary life and Maritime history. They also have the Drum Point Lighthouse on display. It was a screw-pile Lighthouse that they restored and did a great job at it. They have fossils recovered from Calvert Cliffs, river otters, aquarium exhibits, marsh walk, boats, and Bay life from commercial fishing to military to recreation. 



Keeper had to wind every two hours

Jellies


Old gas motors 

Through the red


The light glowed continuously fromthe fourth order Fresnel light. If the Captian saw red, he was in danger of hitting the shoal.
 

Clear


Navy deep diving suit


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOLD

On My Way Again

Always Changes