On My Way Again





UI'm

 It was Saturday morning when I left Riverside Marina. I rode the current down the river, pausing at Pea Island, while waiting for the current to change.  I spent the night in the Cohansey River. Next morning,  still flowing with the current, traveled to Cape May,  got fuel, rested a bit, then headed for Sandy Hook.





The sun was setting when I passed Atlantic City. It would be well pass sunrise when I stopped,anchored at Sandy Hook. I slept awhile and continued North into New York Harbor. All was well until it wasn't. My fuel problem reappeared.  I was restricted to 5mph. New York Harbor is busy normally, but this was the 4th of July.  I thought about stopping to watch the fireworks,  just fot a split second . The Cluster Muster on the water after the show would be way too stressful.  I anchored just north of the GW Bridge. I spent two nights at anchor, spending most of my time "polishing the fuel". It was a great experience, anchored across the river from Spuyten Duyvil, Dutch for "in spite of the Devil", where the Hudson and Harlem Rivers meet. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOLD

Always Changes